First Year Tax Professional
Company: H&R Block
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: February 7, 2024
At H&R Block, we believe in the power of people helping people.
Our defining Purpose is to provide help and inspire confidence in
our clients, associates, and communities everywhere. We also
believe in a connected culture, valuing diversity and inclusion and
making everyone feel like they belong.
We strive to continuously improve our business and have committed
to a long-term strategy and transformation plan known as Block
Horizons 2025. Our end goal is simple: bigger ambitions, faster
transformation, and extraordinary results. It's an exciting time to
be a part of H&R Block!
At H&R Block, we're curious, creative, and always on the move.
If you embrace challenges as opportunities and seek to make a
meaningful difference where you live, work, and play, our door is
A Typical Day...
Helping others is what we do best here, which means you will get to
see the impact of your work firsthand. As you inspire people to
make confident, informed decisions about their lives, careers, and
money, you will build client relationships that will grow stronger
Joining H&R Block as a First Year Tax Professional means you'll
have the support of an expert team, dedicated to providing you with
the advanced tax training you'll need to be successful. You will
bring broad, strategic thinking to every challenge and also have
the freedom, flexibility, and extra earnings you'll need to embrace
what makes your life uniquely yours.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Previous experience in a customer service or retail
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, supportive environment
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours a week during peak
tax seasonPerks of the job...
At H&R Block, we believe and invest in our people by committing
to their total well-being. Our benefit offerings can help
associates plan for their unique health, well-being, and financial
- Medical coverage - allows eligible associate well-being
programs including mental health support and coaching
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan and Employee Stock Purchase
- Tax prep benefit - allows eligible associates to receive the
same tax preparation as our clients, all with no direct cost to
- Other perks like flexible/remote opportunities that meet your
life, collaborative teams and much more!
The Community You Will Join:
At H&R Block we remain committed to building a Connected
Culture - one in which trust, care, and connections are how we work
together as we continue to create an environment where everyone
feels safe to bring their authentic self to work every day and
feels like they belong as part of a larger team.
You will be immersed in an exceptional work environment that is
recognized throughout the world on Best Companies lists! You will
also be surrounded by colleagues who are committed to helping each
other grow and support each other.
H&R Block is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and
celebrate diversity in the workplace regardless of gender, race or
color, ethnicity or national origin, age, disability, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or veteran
If you're looking to make an impact, H&R Block is the place for
Enrollment in or completion of the H&R Block Income Tax Course
is neither an offer nor a guarantee of employment.
What you'll bring to the team...
- Conduct face to face tax interviews and inspire confidence in
- Prepare complete and accurate tax returns
- Generate business growth, increase client retention, and offer
additional products and services
- Support office priorities through teamwork and
- Grow your tax expertiseYour Expertise
- Ability to effectively communicate in person and virtually
- Successful completion of the H&R Block Income Tax
- Must complete 3 hours of continuing education requirement and
meet all other IRS and applicable state requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
Keywords: H&R Block, Rio Rancho , First Year Tax Professional, Accounting, Auditing , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!