Director of Public Safety Programs
Company: Kirtland Community College
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Provides leadership and supervision for all Public Safety
programs, which includes Police Academy, Criminal Justice, and
Emergency Medical Services. Responsible for the organization and
oversight of all programs, projects, services and activities
related thereto. Responsible for the waiver of training programs,
law enforcement MCOLES grant, law enforcement consortium programs,
ensuring that all programs conform to state mandates and
requirements. Responsible for curriculum development, program
evaluation, grant supervision, budget planning and monitoring,
faculty recruitment, supervision, and evaluation. Position also
includes a minimum of 3 credits per semester of teaching
responsibilities in the fall and spring semester, as an adjunct
faculty member in the Public Safety programs.
- Serves as director of the Kirtland Regional Police Academy, in
accordance with the responsibilities and duties of the training
director as established by the Michigan Commission on Law
Enforcement Standards (MCOLES), as set forth in Chapter 2-Unit 5 of
the policies and procedures manual of MCOLES.
- Supervises, recruits, contacts, orients, mentors and evaluates
qualified instructors for all listed programs.
- Organizes course schedules and ensures content is consistent
with MCOLES. Selects and approves contracts to qualified
instructors. Schedules and arranges appropriate facilities for
- Develops appropriate course materials.
- Develops and manages budgets throughout the academic year for
each program. Provides recommendations that ensure instructional
facilities, equipment, and supplies are adequate and in a suitable,
safe state for use.
- Provides program mentoring for students.
- Participates in college committees and public safety program
- May instruct lecture and laboratory courses in public safety
programs, in accordance with required teaching credentials.
- Facilitates the promotion and marketing of police academy and
public safety programs.
- Through appropriate channels, promotes media recognition of
instructors and students to enhance the image of programs and the
- Assists faculty with skills testing as needed.
- Performs other related tasks as required. SUPERVISION--- Works
under the general supervision of the Dean of Occupational Programs
ATTENDANCE ---Individuals in this position are expected to be
generally available during the normal business hours of the
college, and may occasionally be asked to vary their schedule to
meet department requirements. WORKING CONDITIONS--- Conditions are
those of a typical office environment, requiring frequent oral and
written communication with college employees, students, and members
of the community, and the ability to enter and retrieve data and
written communications in electronic format in a timely manner.
Occasional travel may be required, including evenings and under
conditions of inclement weather. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Three to five years of related experience or combination of
education, work, and law enforcement training commensurate with the
requirements of this position
- Eligible for law enforcement certification
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position,
which requires supervision of outdoor training exercises
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with adults in an
educational setting JOB DIMENSIONS--- Knowledge of work, analysis,
judgment, planning and organizing, initiative, commitment to the
college, teamwork, dependability, work standards, sensitivity,
informal communication, written communication, oral communication
06/2018 An equal opportunity employer * This job description is
intended to describe the type and level of work being performed by
a person in this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all
duties and responsibilities required by a person so classified.
4800 W 4 Mile Road
Grayling, MI 49738
989-275-6764 Kirtland Roscommon Kirtland Gaylord 60 Livingston
Gaylord, MI 49735
989-705-3600 Kirtland Community College offers 38 degrees and
certificates including three transfer associate degrees. Whether
you're starting your college career, returning to college to change
careers, or looking for classes to enrich your life, Kirtland
Community College is the place for you. Search our site Search Use
up and down arrows to select available result. Press enter to go to
selected search result. Touch devices users can use touch and swipe
Keywords: Kirtland Community College, Rio Rancho , Director of Public Safety Programs, Executive , Kirtland, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!