Safety & Employee Development Manager
Company: Blue Signal Search
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Our client is a regulated non-profit utility company that
provides safe, clean, and reliable energy services to better the
lives the people it serves. To date, they have provided electricity
and water services to over 15,000 homes that previously did not
have access. They are hiring a Safety & Employee Development
Manager to spearhead the implementation of both safety and employee
The Safety & Employee Development Manager will be responsible for
the development and execution of programs to ensure that the
company provides a safe workplace and promotes employee
development. This role will ensure compliance with all federal,
state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus incentives, healthcare insurance
options, company match 401(k), and more.
- Opportunity to work in a technology-forward company that
prioritizes quality and efficiency.
- Exposure to new technologies and other emerging tech.
- Strong mentorship, training, and career advancement
opportunities from senior colleagues.
- Company is well-funded and strongly positioned for growth in
the energy sector.
- Extensive support resources and tools, including engineering
team, IT team, solutions managers, and mentors.
- Opportunity to work at a non-profit company that gives back to
- Provide the direction and management of company safety programs
in order to maintain safe and healthful working conditions.
- Develop and monitor safety rules and regulations in accordance
with company guidelines and in compliance with governmental
regulations and laws in occupational safety and health.
- Maintain company safety records, reports, and files.
- Conduct safety audits and periodic safety inspections. Prepare
responses to inspections/audits and manage correction of any noted
- Initiate, review, master, and follow all standard operating
procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of health and safety regulations
and policies and communicate requirements effectively. Organize
trainings to maintain compliance.
- Support employee development by spearheading program strategy,
design, and implementation.
- Research, develop, and implement training programs and
leadership development initiatives to drive engagement, maximize
performance, and ultimately benefit the overall company
- Establish policies for performance planning, talent
development, and more.
- Coach management and internal employees on communication and
- 7+ years of experience in safety or employee development roles,
with progressive leadership experience.
- Bachelor's degree in HR, Organization Development, or
- Expertise in both safety and employee development best
practices with the ability to support proper training and
initiative implementation. Includes recognizing hazards, assessing
risk, and recommending controls.
- In-depth understanding of OSHA guidelines, health and safety
standards and compliance. OSHA 1910 and 1926 certifications
- Excellent training and presentation skills and the ability to
explain safety concepts to others.
- Ambitious work ethic with a strong sense of responsibility and
accountability. Must be able to create influence and support a
positive work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Keywords: Blue Signal Search, Rio Rancho , Safety & Employee Development Manager, Executive , Gallup, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!