General Manager - Santa Ana Star Center
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: January 21, 2023
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply
now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the
application process on the follow-up screen.
The General Manager is responsible for the efficient, professional
and profitable operation of the food service operations at the
assigned Spectra venue. This individual ultimately oversees every
managerial, f/t and p/t position, and ensures full compliance with
state and federal labor laws, sanitation and food-related
ordinances, and alcohol service regulations. In addition to
managing the day to day business operations, the General Manager
solicits new sources of revenue, both on and off the venue
- Ensure legal, efficient, professional and profitable operation
of the assigned Spectra venue.
- Generate and review financial reports, including budgets,
projections, forecasting, revenue analysis, disbursements, capital
investments, labor and product costs, wage and salary control,
P&L financial statements.
- Final decision-maker on equipment purchases and leases.
- Conflict resolution; last-resort mediation; arbitration and
labor negotiations, when applicable.
- Author, review and amend policies & procedures, as
- Author and amend contracts; authorize terms.
- Oversee scheduling and labor allocation.
- Analyze ticket sales in relation to anticipating staffing
needs, target market demographics; determine and project point-of
sale to guest ratio.
- Evaluate recent historical sales and purchasing data for the
purpose of identifying purchasing patterns and accurate cost of
- Program and maintain the point of sale system to ensure
accurate financial reporting, tracking of accountability, and
commodity levels by location.
- Directs and assists managers in preparing and attaining future
- Provides each manager with the proper direction and follows up
on all assignments.
- Inspects the operation on a regular basis to ensure that the
established quality standards are maintained.
- Prepares required reports accurately and submits them on time,
follows up with department heads to ensure that their reporting is
completed within the same guidelines.
- Develops an effective management team.
- Gives the managers clear direction, and provides the necessary
assistance for them to provide them to perform their work.
- Evaluates each manager's performance and makes recommendations
for their improvement.
- Reviews and assists in the development of menus and marketing
plans with the appropriate department heads.
- Establishes and maintains personal relationships with show
managers, suppliers, vendors and the public that projects the venue
in a positive light.
- MA or MS; BA or BS with business-related major;
- Minimum 5 years management experience in food-related or
- Concessions Manager Certificate from the National Association
- Nationally recognized, advanced food service sanitation
training course certification.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers,
management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous
manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions quickly and
- Ability to speak, read, and write in English.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft
office, POS systems, timekeeping systems.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced,
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing
concessions and premium services locations: geographical location,
equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest
areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service
Permit if required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation
requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service
policies, safety standards, etc. pertaining to Spectra and venue
concession and premium services operations.
- Ability to calculate basic and complex math functions
(addition, subtraction, multiplication, division,
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of
integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with little direction.
- Experience working in a Union environment required.
- Experience in a fast paced ball park or stadium preferred.
- Accounting minor or credits preferred.
Keywords: AEG, Rio Rancho , General Manager - Santa Ana Star Center, Executive , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!