Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP)
Company: Genesis Rehab Services
Posted on: May 4, 2021
POSITION SUMMARY: The Speech Language Pathologist organizes and
provides speech-language services for the agency to facilitate
rehabilitation. He/she directs patient participation in selected
tasks to restore, reinforce, and enhance performance. Also, the
Speech Language Pathologist facilitates the learning of those
skills and functions essential for communication and swallowing, to
diminish or remediate disorders or deficits. He/she directs
activities to promote and maintain health, within the scope of
practice and consistent with the Code of Ethics of the
1. SLP-CF must complete a minimum of 36 week (for full time
employment) Clinical Fellowship while being supervised and mentored
by a licensed, ASHA certified SLP.
2. SLP-CF must complete all requirements for provisional licensure,
if applicable to the state, and practice in accordance to state
licensure requirements and professional standards for the duration
of the provisional license and Clinical Fellowship. If no
provisional licensure in the state, must meet the supervision
requirements set forth by CMS for patients with Medicare for the
duration of the Clinical Fellowship.
3. Communicates status of Clinical Fellowship and licensure to
direct supervisor and Director of Rehab in a timely manner. This
includes status of necessary requirements, completion of required
documentation for Clinical Fellowship, and completion of licensure
documentation and application as well as receipt of CCC and
4. SLP-CF will not be eligible to provide supervision to students
during the Clinical Fellowship.
5. Meets productivity standards for the rehab gym, or as directed
by the Director of Rehab/Clinical Operations Area Director.
6. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences
and other related meetings.
7. Makes referrals to other disciplines, agencies in order to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
8. Consults with other members of the rehabilitation team to select
the most appropriate therapeutic regimen consistent with the needs
and capabilities of each patient.
9. Adapts program and/or plan of care according to the needs of the
10. Promotes a safe environment and enforces the elimination of
fire and safety hazards.
11. Orders supplies and equipment as necessary.
12. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair
of equipment, as necessary.
13. Puts Patient Service first, ensuring that residents and
families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and
compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individual's needs
14. Screens, examines and evaluates patients, including history,
systems review, and application of appropriate tests and measures,
synthesis information and interprets examination findings in order
to establish a diagnosis, identify impairments, determine the
predicted level of improvement and the time required to achieve it,
identify precautions/contraindications and design and plan of care.
Develops appropriate treatment goals and methods in collaboration
with the patient and caregivers, implements the speech language
pathology treatment plan, and completes all related documentation
and record keeping regarding these services. Services include but
are not limited to application of therapeutic techniques in areas
* speech intelligibility
* oral motor skills
* swallowing disorders/dysphagia
* perceptual abilities
* psychosocial expression
* functional communication
15. Coordinates the acquisition of adaptive communication devices
and instructs patients in their use.
16. Facilitates identification of hearing deficits and
appropriately refers for assessment, diagnosis rehabilitation
and/or personal amplification.
17. Selects appropriate activities suited to the individual's
physical and mental capacity, intelligence level and interest.
18. Instructs patient in the skills and techniques required for
participation in therapeutic activities, and evaluates patient
progress, attitudes and behavior as related to rehabilitative
19. Performs routine reexamination as needed/required to
modify/progress plan of treatment.
20. Upholds the GRS Promises:
I will always act with integrity and honesty, and expect others to
do the same. I will ensure my actions comply with the standards set
forth by our Policies and Procedures Manuals and the Employee
I will treat others in the way I would like to be treated. I will
appreciate and respect others' beliefs, and I will cherish our
I will take responsibility for myself in my actions and my quality
of work. I will hold others to those same standards.
be actively engaged
I will make a conscious effort to be an active part of our
community. I will check email and RehabCentral regularly to keep
up-to-date on important information. I will be aware of the
numerous resources available to me as an employee.
take pride in my work - my company
I will be proud of the work I've done each and every day. I will
always represent my company in a positive, professional manner both
inside and outside of work.
I understand that change is a necessary part of life. I will
approach change with a positive attitude and will work with my team
members to overcome any obstacles associated with change.
I will communicate in an appropriate, professional and timely
manner. I will strive to be an active listener by making an effort
to hear not just the words another person is saying but, more impor
--tantly, understand the total message being conveyed.
strive for excellence
I will continuously work to grow and develop myself as an employee.
I will ask for assistance if I need it, and I will be open to
receiving feedback from my manager.
I will contribute to a positive work environment where my team
members and I enjoy coming to work and celebrating each other's
21. Performs other related duties as required.
TSCFPandoLogic. Keywords: Speech Language Pathologist (SLP),
Location: Blanco, NM - 87412
Keywords: Genesis Rehab Services, Rio Rancho , Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP), Healthcare , Blanco, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!