PHYSICAL THERAPIST - INPATIENT
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Overview:Sign-on bonuses up to $15,000.Relocation assistance of
up to $6,000 available for those who qualify.
Job DescriptionPosition: Physical Therapist - Inpatient
Type of Opportunity: Part Time (.45 to .89)
Work Schedule: Days
This position on the Acute Care team at Rust Medical Center allows
clinicians to cover a varied caseload while treating on all units
within the hospital (including General Medical/Progressive Care,
Orthopedics, Cardiac, Neurology, Intensive Care and Oncology). The
Inpatient Rehabilitation and Interdisciplinary teams at Rust
Medical Center are collaborative and patient-focused. We place a
strong emphasis on providing orientation and mentorship to new
hires in order to ensure comfort and success for new employees.
Evaluates patients regarding the application of a wide variety of
therapeutic interventions for rehabilitation of physical and
- Requires detailed knowledge of physical therapy in terms of
what and how work is to be done as well as why it is done, this
level includes interpretation of data.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Basic understanding of the rules and regulations of the
- Evaluates and treats patients regarding the application of a
wide variety of therapeutic interventions for rehabilitation of
physical function and developmental disorders.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span of patients served
- Oversees and insures a comprehensive rehabilitation program
designed to meet the physical, psychosocial, and immediate
environmental well-being of the patient
- Promotes patient/caregiver self-determination by optimizing
outside resource utilization to achieve the highest level of
- Coordinates and communicates with various disciplines or
services involved in patient care.
- Coordinates efforts toward discharge goals established at
initial evaluation and during episode of care.
- Is a patient advocate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Settings may include inpatient, outpatient, long term care,
community based care and home health care Qualifications:
- Physical Therapist: Less than one year experience in physical
therapy. Bachelors degree in Physical Therapy. Doctorate of
Physical Therapy Preferred
- Bachelor Degree
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Therapist
Competencies and skills:
- SKILL-Microsoft Office
- Rehab Achieving Results: Supports organizational and department
business objectives by providing standardized, evidence-based care
that contributes to achieving optimal outcomes and patient
- Rehab Caring Practice: Creates a compassionate, supportive and
therapeutic environment for patients and staff with the aim of
promoting comfort and healing and preventing unnecessary suffering
- Rehab Clinical Inquiry: Uses high standards and evidence-based
practices along with questioning, research and treatment skills to
provide informed and/or change practice within the established plan
- Rehab Clinical Judgement and Action: Utilizes clinical
reasoning which includes global grasp of situations, critical
thinking, decision making, critical actions, priority setting, and
escalation of concerns with associated knowledge, skills, and
evidence-based guidelines in managing patient care
- Rehab Collaboration: Involves multidisciplinary team as well as
patient/significant others to promote optimal and realistic
- Rehab Facilitation of Learning: Fosters patient/significant
others learning to promote self-care using both formal and informal
processes as applicable and at an appropriate level of
understanding, and contributes to the orientation and professional
growth of colleagues.
- Rehab Patient Advocacy: Works on behalf of the
patients/significant others in representing their concerns and
helping resolve ethical and clinical issues that impact the
- Rehab Response to Diversity: Uses holistic body, mind, spirit
approach in provision of care by recognizing, appreciating, and
incorporating cultural, spiritual, gender, race, ethnicity,
lifestyle, socioeconomic, age, and values differences in
- Rehab Systems Thinking: Effectively manages environmental and
resources across the healthcare system and community to meet
patient/significant others needs and ensure quality care and
- SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person
and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers,
physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and
customer service competencies.
- SKILL-Written communication
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit
healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a
growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in
1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately
11,000 employees.Presbyterian's story is really the story of the
remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with
Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of
thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other
volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium
to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future.
That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as
deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American
influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in
Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear
scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's
artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and
experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best
places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal
Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers
like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore,
and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path,
challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the
expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing,
snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful
wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer
with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Rio Rancho , PHYSICAL THERAPIST - INPATIENT, Healthcare , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!