Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - Albuquerque, NM
Company: Continuum Rehab Group
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Continuum Rehab Group, an in-house Rehab Management company, is
currently seeking a talented & motivated PTA to join the stellar
Therapy team at our SNF in Albuquerque, NM!Position
DescriptionResponsible for helping patients recover and
rehabilitate from the effects of a serious illness, injury or
medical event, regaining their own best possible level of
functional ability, well-being and independence. Provides services
to improve strength and function, restore more efficient movement,
improve flexibility and aid patients in restoring mobility and/or
improving balance and gait after hip fractures and other orthopedic
injuries, medical illness, or as they recover from joint
replacement procedures.Principal Responsibilities
- Provide care of residents who seek short-term/transitional care
with the goal to recover and rehabilitate from the effects of
serious illness, injury or medical event, regaining their own best
possible level of functional ability, well being and
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning in synthesizing complex
evaluation data identifying diagnosis and developing a
comprehensive plan of care.
- Develop and implement individualized therapy programs designed
to restore, reinforce and enhance performance.
- Identify need for and make referral to other disciplines to
address the comprehensive needs of the patient.
- Instruct, educate and train patients and caregivers in the
skills and functions essential for promoting patient independence
and productivity, in order to diminish or correct pathology.
- Prepare for upcoming therapy sessions by organizing the
treatment locations based on the patient's needs.
- Clean therapy area and set up any needed and necessary
- Watch the patient's development during therapy sessions and
make notes on how the patient is responding. Therapists and
physical therapy assistants use these notes and reports to evaluate
the usefulness and helpfulness of specific treatments for
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and
other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges
daily to patient records.
- Perform age appropriate competency skills in area of practice
and with respect to individual patients' problems.
- Follow intervention protocols and alter plan of care
- Discharge patient when goals have been met or medical necessity
is no longer warrants intervention.
- Work cooperatively with supervisors and peers to contribute to
the overall productivity of the team.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean
- Facilitates performance improvement in key department
operational performance measures, and conducts ongoing evaluation
of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency. Identifies problems and
formulates solutions to achieve prudent resource utilization and
- Oversees preparations of rehabilitation services for licensure
- Ensures adherence to OBRA and survey compliance for optimal
- Educates staff regarding Medicare regulations and oversees
adherence to all guidelines for optimal reimbursement.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or
assigned at any time with or without notice.For more information
about this opportunity, please contact:
Ayrika Johnson, M.S., PHR - Director of Talent Acquisition
Continuum Rehab Group
Email: email@example.comTo view all opportunities
available with Continuum Rehab Group, please visit us at
Keywords: Continuum Rehab Group, Rio Rancho , Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - Albuquerque, NM, Healthcare , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!