Physician / Family Practice / New Mexico / Permanent / MD - Primary Care Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: August 1, 2022
MD - Primary Care
The Trail of the Ancient Byway
The Community - Navajo Nation, Shiprock, NM
Witness the sculpted horizons of the southwest, where man-made
boundaries mean nothing to the rugged lands. Here the past is the
present where Hopi families still carry water to pueblo villages
perched atop high mesas. Granaries at Keet Seel ruins in Navajo
National Monument hold corn cobs stored seven centuries ago. Navajo
families farm centuries-old field in Canyon de Chelly National
Monument, site of prehistoric cliff dwelling inhabited by the
Anasazi, ancestors of today's Pueblo Tribes. And Hopi and Navajo
artisans still sell their trademark rugs and jewelry at the Hubble
Explore the Four Corners Region
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: P rovide outpatient and
inpatient (if desired) family practice services in the delivery of
patient care to the Indian Health Service. Specific tasks include
the following (but are not limited to):
- Perform outpatient and inpatient (if desired) family practice
duties and manage patient's needs as described in the (PD),
identified by the Service Unit and as directed by Supervisor.
- Perform in accordance with the competency standards listed in
the Shiprock Service Unit Medical Staff By-Laws.
- Provide professional Family Practice Physician Services in the
delivery of direct patient care to the Indian Health Service.
Specific tasks include the following:
- Exercise and have knowledge of Family Practice Physician
Services to outpatients and inpatient department at the Indian
Health Service, Northern Navajo Medical Center, Shiprock, New
- Priority for selection shall be given to those who can work in
the inpatient setting and do obstetrics.
- The Outpatient Clinic includes same-day and continuity care
clinics. The Physician would see between 12 and 20 outpatients per
- Minor office surgery procedures may be performed.
- Inpatient includes Medical Surgical Ward, Pediatric Ward,
Intensive Care Unit, Labor & Delivery/Post-partum Ward.
- Culd take night and/or weekend call approximately 2 to 3 times
per month. During call back hours the contractor shall cross-cover
the inpatient Family Medicine service (4-12 admitted patients),
perform emergency Department consults, admit new patients to the
hospital (0-3 admissions) and cover Labor and Delivery (0-2
deliveries/night). NNMC is a 60 inpatient bed facility.
- If caring for inpatient, he or she would round on inpatients as
- Provide consultation with members of the Family Medicine staff
on matters on patient care.
- Review clinical records and adhere to records documentation
procedures to insure that records are properly maintained.
- Valid, unrestricted license to practice medicine in any state,
The District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a
Territory of the United States
- MD or DO degree, Board Certified or Board Eligible by the
- Federal DEA Number required
- 3 years experience as an MD, with 12 months in Internal
- BLS, ACLS required Assignment length: 1 year contract will be
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Rio Rancho , Physician / Family Practice / New Mexico / Permanent / MD - Primary Care Job, Healthcare , Shiprock, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!