Physician / Family Practice / New Mexico / Permanent / Primary Care Physician Job
Company: Kurz Solutions
Posted on: September 18, 2022
'Most Patriotic Small Town in America'
The Location - Gallup
Gallup is a small city in New Mexico, on historic Route 66. To the
east, red sandstone cliffs dominate Red Rock Park, home to Anasazi
archaeological sites from around 300 A.D. Here, Red Rock Museum
focuses on Anasazi heritage, with displays of pottery and silver.
In the city, Gallup Cultural Center has Native American crafts and
cultural exhibits. The Rex Museum covers local history, including
railroad and mining.
The closest major airport to Gallup, New Mexico is Four Corners
Regional Airport (FMN / KFMN). This airport is in Farmington, New
Mexico, and is 113 miles from the center of Gallup, NM.
The Gallup Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) is designed to
deliver primary care services to eligible Veterans.The Veterans
Health Administration is America's largest integrated health care
system, providing care at 1,293 health care facilities, including
171 medical centers and 1,112 outpatient sites of care of varying
complexity (VHA outpatient clinics), serving 9 million enrolled
Veterans each year.
Responsibilities (duties include but are not limited to)
- Services provided shall be performed in an ambulatory care
setting at the VA Facility.
- Providers shall see patients for general medicine problems
including performing the history and physical exam, making
electronic progress notes, scheduling return visits, writing orders
for lab and x-ray, prescribing medications, etc. Functioning as a
primary care provider, the provider shall request, as indicated,
consultations from specialists and subspecialists on the VA
- Provider shall participate in quality management activities
that pertain to his/her duties.
- In addition to the above clinical responsibilities, providers
shall hold routine administrative duties.
- Shall participate in clinical conferences for staff and shall
attend medical staff and service-level meetings.
- Services shall be performed in accordance with VA policies and
procedures and the regulations of the medical staff bylaws of
- All referrals for non-VA-administered care will be
pre-authorized by the ACOS, Ambulatory Care Service (or designee)
during regular office hours or by the Chief of Staff (or designee)
during non-administrative hours, prior to initiating patient
scheduling or transfer. VA shall not be financially responsible for
improperly authorized or for unauthorized care provided to
- Provider shall enter all medical documentation in the
Computerized Patient Records System (CPRS) and electronically sign
- Enter orders and prescriptions electronically using CPRS, as
- Complete electronic clinical reminders in accordance with VA
policy and procedures using CPRS. Provider must comply with all VA
performance measure requirements.
- Must be Board Certified or Board Eligible by the American Board
of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or American Board of Family Medicine
- Must have current license to practice medicine in any state,
Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States or the District of
- Must have current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) as
certified by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Must be graduated from an accredited medical school (either MD
- Completion of a Residency in Family Medicine
KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by
providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Rio Rancho , Physician / Family Practice / New Mexico / Permanent / Primary Care Physician Job, Healthcare , Gallup, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!