Home Care Nurse
Company: University of New Mexico - Hospitals
Posted on: March 8, 2023
Department: Home Health Care
Shift Differential: Weekend Days Saturday - Sunday 15% Sign on bonus for new hiresPosition Summary:
Provide direct nursing care to patients and families outside the hospital setting. Coordinate home healthcare activities. Ensures adherence to Hospital and Departmental Policies and Procedures. Patient care assignment may include; Neonate, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric age groups.
* PATIENT CARE - Assess patient's physical, psychological, social and environmental status; develop patient care plan tailored to needs assessment
* PATIENT CARE - Provide nursing care and coordinates ancillary services to achieve treatment plan goals; supervises ancillary nursing staff inpatient care provision
* PATIENT CARE - Administers medications and performs treatments for assigned patients, in accordance with medical and nursing protocols
* PATIENT CARE - Report pertinent observations and reaction regarding changes in patient status to the appropriate team person
* PATIENT CARE - Provide follow-up to ensure problem resolution; record observations and patient care activities
* PATIENT CARE - Evaluate patient's response to approval plan of treatment; modify treatment plan, as necessary
* PATIENT CARE - Interpret agency philosophy and policies to patients, families, and other groups; utilize agency and community resources to the benefit of the client
* CUSTOMER RELATIONS - Establish and maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with patients, visitors, physicians and Hospitals employees
* DEVELOPMENT - Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, reading current literature, attending in-services, meetings and workshops
* PATIENT SAFETY 1 - Follow patient safety-related policies, procedures and protocols
* PATIENT SAFETY 2 - Demonstrate proactive approach to patient safety by seeking opportunities to improve patient safety through questioning of current policies and processes
* PATIENT SAFETY 3 - Identify and report/correct environmental conditions and/or situations that may put a patient at undue risk
* PATIENT SAFETY 4 - Report potential or actual patient safety concerns, medical errors and/or near misses in a timely manner
* PATIENT SAFETY 5 - Encourage patients to actively participate in their own care by asking questions and reporting treatment or situations that they don't understand or may "not seem right"
* Program Graduate
* Bachelor's Degree
* Nationally Accredited Nursing Graduate
1 year directly related experience
* CPR for Healthcare/BLS Prov or Prof Rescuers w/in 30 days
* RN in NM or as allowed by reciprocal agreement by NM
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
* No or min hazard, physical risk, office environment
Department: Registered Nurse
Department: Home Health Care
Keywords: University of New Mexico - Hospitals, Rio Rancho , Home Care Nurse, Healthcare , Algodones, New Mexico
here to apply!