EMT I - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: January 2, 2019
About Us Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of eight hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees. Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans. We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come. Job Description Type of Opportunity: Full TimeFTE: 0.900000Exempt: NoWork Schedule: Varied Days and HoursLocation: Presbyterian Rust Medical Ctr Education:
High School Diploma or GED
* Emerg Med Tech/Intermediate-NM
Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions is required. Completion of the formal Emergency Medical Technicians-Intermediate (EMT-I) course is required. Current license issued by the State of New Mexico Emergency Medical Service Bureau, as an Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate (EMT-I), is required. Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required. . Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions is required. Completion of the formal Emergency Medical Technicians-Intermediate (EMT-I) course is required. Current license issued by the State of New Mexico Emergency Medical Service Bureau, as an Emergency Medical Technician-Intermediate (EMT-I), is required. Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is required. The Emergency Department requires a current EMT-I license 1-2 years' experience preferred but not required. Receives on-the-job training and competency verification to perform primary functions. Completion of a PHS Non-Licensed Assistive Personnel course or similar training required prior to entering classification. Formal medical technician or military training preferred but not required. Maintains annual current department competencies and Employee Health Requirements.
Competencies and skills:
* SKILL-Ability to effectively interact with customers to understand their needs and explain data
* SKILL-Microsoft Office
* Planning and coordinating organizational change
* Anticipating & Addressing Customer Needs
* Functioning as an Effective Contingent Member
* Acquiring & Applying Superior Skills to achieve Quality Outcomes
* Functioning as an Effective Team Member
* SKILL-Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person and via telephone with members, employer groups, brokers, physicians, and physician office staff using strong dialogue and customer service competencies.
* SKILL-Written communication
Performs advanced patient care procedures (such as, initiation of intravenous therapy, splinting / casting, suturing, and simple patient teaching) under the direction of a licensed Nurse or Physician and/or performs advanced support-procedures for the operation of a Nursing or Clinical unit. Coordinates equipment and / or supply systems. Responsible for the delivery of quality care to patients under varied conditions Benefits Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs About New MexicoNew Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great. Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC. New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west. AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Rio Rancho , EMT I - EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT, Healthcare , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!