Human Resources Generalist
Company: Pueblo of Jemez
Location: Jemez Pueblo
Posted on: January 24, 2023
OverviewResponsible for the provision of professional human
capital management advisory services to promote a healthy and
productive work environment for the Pueblo of
- Partners with managers to provide them direction and guidance
to assist them in carrying out people management and related
- Counsels and coaches managers and employees; develops creative
solutions necessary to promote a healthy and productive work
- Partners with and supports the directors and managers in
day-to-day implementation of and compliance with applicable rules,
regulations, policies and practices concerning employment;
interprets and communicates human resources policies, practices and
objectives for management and staff employees.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, employment legislation and
related compact and contract requirements to ensure effectiveness
and compliance; interprets and communicates Federal legislation and
applicable regulations and changes in personnel policies procedures
pertaining to all personnel matters to insure compliance and risk
- Confers with Pueblo management teams regarding workforce
planning and employment.
- Leads the organizations recruiting, selection, and retention
strategies and practices; evaluates the market and the pool of
candidates and recommends options; leads interview process to
assess and qualify candidates; reviews all recommendations for
final selection of and offer to candidate prior to processing for
- Performs market analysis for positions to insure pay
compliance, competitive and equitable pay. Updates pay employee and
data in systems such as Payscale.
- Collaboratively monitors background investigation progression,
tracks progression and status.
- Creates official Personnel Action Forms (PAF) for HR Directors
signature, ensures PAFS are copied to Payroll for necessary
- Conducts data entry and updates MIP-HR program.
- Coordinates and collaborates on-boarding programs with
Credentialing, IT, Benefits, Payroll, and Hiring Managers.
- Monitors for a secure work facility to protect the
organizations confidential information, property and the well-being
of all employees; collaborates with Maintenance, Security,
Compliance, EAP and others to accomplish this responsibility.
- Addresses employee relation issues such as employee complaints,
harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints; represents
management in investigating, answering, and settling grievances;
provides solutions to complex personnel issues.
- Collaborates with the directors and managers on improvement of
the workforce at all levels; guides the performance evaluation
process with the directors and managers; releases/conducts exit
- Assists management to identify skill differences.
Recommends/collaborates/conducts training were gaps may exist.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of
department in relation to established goals; recommends new
approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual
improvements in efficiency of department and services
- Maintains and prepares accurate records, files, user
instructions, documentation, correspondence and a variety of
- Contributes to the overall quality of the department's service
provision by developing and coordinating work teams and by
reviewing, recommending and implementing improved policies and
- Represents the Pueblo with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of
cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, management, or a
closely related field; AND four (4) years of professional human
- Valid New Mexico Drivers License.
- Towa Language speaker preferred but not required
- Tribal Human Resource Progessional Certification Preffered.
Candidate should obtian THRP Certification within one year of
Keywords: Pueblo of Jemez, Rio Rancho , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Jemez Pueblo, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!