Company: New Naschitti Elementary School
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Supervisor: Cook Manager and/or Food Service Supervisor
Work Site: Assigned School Kitchen
General Job Description:
Prepare and serve, in a friendly manner, nutritious meals to
students and staff in a sanitary and safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food for the Student Nutrition program.
- Portion and serve nutritious and attractive food.
- Friendly and helpful to students and staff.
- Perform daily and heavy cleaning.
- Assist with all required paperwork.
- Perform cashiering duties - record transactions and
- Report needed equipment and facility repairs.
- Follow Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- Follow all federal/state/local/district rules and
- Complete all assigned tasks in an efficient and timely
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Possess a current Food Handler's card
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic
- Ability to follow written or oral directions
- Ability to read and follow a recipe
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying up to 50 pounds,
climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, driving a vehicle, traveling
long distances, writing, typing, word processing, reading,
researching information, and effective communication skills.
Safety and Health:
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions
- Knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point
- Background check
- Multimedia equipment, including current technology
- Equipment/Materials relevant to job responsibilities
- Motor vehicle, if necessary - valid driver's license
- Must be able to work within various degrees of noise,
temperature and air quality
- Work interruptions
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment
without direct supervision
- Must complete applications and assignments within the
timeframes allowed (complete responsibilities in a timely
- Extended work hours, on occasion
Term of Employment:
- 180 day annually or per yearly calendar
- 6.5 hours per day or based on position requirement can vary
between 3 hours/day to 7 hours/day
- One year contract
My signature signifies that if selected for the position:
- I have reviewed the contents of the job description and I am
aware of the expectations of the position.
- The job description is meant as a guideline and, in the absence
of specific direction, I understand that I must make reasonable
decisions and must act on those decisions to ensure that the
District, school and department goals are met.
- I understand that I will be evaluated in accordance with the
District's evaluation guidelines and the job description will be
included in the evaluation process.
- I am able to perform all the essential functions of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation(s) and agree that I will
notify the Human Resources Department if I wish to request
Employee Signature Date
Print Employee Name
Keywords: New Naschitti Elementary School, Rio Rancho , Cook, Other , Shiprock, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!