Director of Litigation
Company: DNA - People's Legal ServicesDNA - People&apo
Location: window rock
Posted on: May 3, 2021
DNA-Peoples Legal Services (DNA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit legal
aid organization that provides high quality legal services to
persons living in poverty on the Navajo, Hopi, and Jicarilla Apache
Nations, and in parts of Northern Arizona, Northwest New Mexico,
and Southern Utah. DNA is seeking to hire an experienced Director
REQUIREMENTS:Applicants must have ten years of
legal practice experience in a Legal Services Corporation or
similarly funded non-profit civil legal aid program; and five (5)
years legal supervision experience. Applicant must be licensed to
practice law in Arizona, New Mexico, or Utah, or be able to obtain
a state license to practice law in one of these jurisdictions
within two (2) years of hiring. Applicant must also possess a
Navajo, Hopi, or Jicarilla tribal court license, or the ability to
obtain a tribal court law license in one of these jurisdictions
within two (2) years. Applicant must also be admitted to practice
law in at least one Federal District or Federal Appellate Court; or
be able to gain admittance to a Federal District or Appellate Court
located in the DNA service area within two years. Must have strong
oral and written communication skills and the ability to travel and
work throughout the DNA service area.
- Nurture a portfolio of ground-breaking, high profile, and
- Responsible for ensuring that DNA effectively represents
clients in major litigation and routine cases and that all legal
work is consistent with DNAs priorities and mission.
- Responsible for reviewing, revising, and developing internal
procedures, standards, and written materials for: outreach; intake;
discovery; pre-trial motion practice; and trial.
- Responsible for teaching deposition and trial skills, promoting
effective teamwork among DNA legal staff, preparing and reviewing
court filings and legal briefs; maintaining an internal brief and
- Ensure that DNA case compliance documents are accurate and
- Recommend use of litigation funds.
- Ensure that DNA legal staff adhere to all applicable
professional and ethical standards; that legal staff comply with
all case and court deadlines; that legal staff maintain an adequate
case load; and that legal staff comply with funder and internal
case document guidelines.
- In addition to handling a case load, oversee an effective case
management system for multiple cases and deadlines, and maintain
high quality case files.
- Develop, initiate, and plan major advocacy activities,
including litigation and administrative advocacy.
- Review case work on a regular basis to assure the quality and
timeliness of legal work.
- Participate in attorney recruitment.
- Work closely with administrative and legal staff to ensure that
all DNA legal work complies with programmatic, regulatory, and
- Oversee and manage legal staff work activity to ensure that all
grant funds are properly and timely spent, and that services are
provided throughout DNAs entire service area.
- Collaborate with Executive Director and Operations Manager on
employee relations and human resources.
- Performs all duties as requested by the Executive
WHAT TO SUBMIT:Employment Application (found
athttps://dnalegalservices.org/career-opportunities-2/ ), Resume,
Cover Letter, Transcripts and (Writing Sample-Attorneys only)
HOW TO APPLY:Email:HResources@dnalegalservices.org
| Direct: 928.871.4151| Fax: 928.871.5036 (Faxed documents
Preference is given to qualified Navajo and other Native American
applicants. DNA requires all applicants to be eligible to work
within the United States. DNA will not sponsor visas unless
otherwise noted on the position description.
- Job ID: 56564187
Window Rock, Arizona, United States
- Position Title: Director of Litigation
- Company Name: DNA - People's Legal Services
- Industry: Public Interest
- Job Function: Professional Legal Management
Please refer to the company's website or job descriptions to
learn more about them.
1025 Connecticut Ave NW, Suite 1000 Washington, Dist.
Columbia 20036 (866) 313-6311
Keywords: DNA - People's Legal ServicesDNA - People&apo, Rio Rancho , Director of Litigation, Other , window rock, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!