Company: New Naschitti Elementary School
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position: School Health Assistant
Supervisor: School Building Principal
District Nursing Supervisor or Lead Nurse
Work Site: School Health Office
Assist and support the supervising nurse to provide
health-related services to students.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clean and orderly health room.
- Assist with self-administration of medications per CCSD
- Give minor first aid to the sick and injured as trained and
directed by the nurse and according to the School Health Manual
- Perform tasks appropriately delegated by the public education
licensed nurse for the care of individual students with special
- Perform vision and hearing, height/weight screenings of
students as directed by supervising nurse.
- Maintains health records on students per district policy.
- Maintains immunization records and assist the nurse to notify
parents/guardians of school requirements through procedures
directed by the nursing staff.
- Maintains timely regular communications with the nurse on all
aspects of the health room.
- Document visits to the health room and submit a monthly report
to the district lead nurse.
- Never leaves a student alone or locked in the Health
- Notify emergency personnel and supervising nurse as
- Comply with all Board of Education policies, administrative
regulations, Public Education Department guidelines and
- Support district and school efforts to keep CCSD safe and
- Support and comply with grant, program and/or funding source
- Complete and comply with all required trainings annually
- Adhere to NM Code of Ethical Responsibility of the Education
Profession (NMAC 188.8.131.52)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED
- Current CPR & First Aid certificates.
- NM Public Education Department School Health Assistant
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Din language, culture and history preferred
- Previous work experience in public schools is preferred.
- The ability to handle fast-paced environments and multi-task
- The ability to remain calm and respond professionally to
students and staff, often times in emergency situations.
- The ability to ensure school health protocols and report any
non-compliance situations immediately.
- The ability to work well with peers, staff and students.
Physical Job Requirements:
Standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying up to 75 pounds,
climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, driving a vehicle, traveling
long distances, writing, typing, word processing, reading,
researching information, and effective communication skills.
Safety and Health:
- Pass drug test if required for position
- Completed and cleared background check
- Knowledge and compliance with district and school safety
- Exposure to hazardous/infectious waste such as instruments,
blood and other body fluids.
- Exposure to odor, infectious, contagious, and nuisance
- Activities requiring good visual/audio acuity.
- Emotionally stressful situations.
- Knowledge of universal hygiene precautions.
- Knowledge of OSHA/FERPA/HIPPA regulations.
- Multimedia equipment, including current technology.
- Equipment/Materials relevant to job responsibilities.
- Motor vehicle, if necessary - valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work within various degrees of noise,
temperature and air quality
- Work interruptions.
- Flexibility, patience, and confidentiality are required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to complete job assignment
without direct supervision.
- Must complete applications and assignments within the
timeframes allowed (complete responsibilities in a timely
- Extended work hours, on occasion.
Terms of Employment:
- One year contract
Keywords: New Naschitti Elementary School, Rio Rancho , Aide, Health, Other , Shiprock, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!