Patient Support Lead
Company: Presbyterian Healthcare Services
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Join our amazing team as a Patient Support Lead!
This is a great opportunity to grow and learn areas of Call Center
Management and Clinic Administration. Embedded in Clinic, this role
will word collaboratively with Clinic staff, such as Clerical,
Clinical, and Providers. Pilot special projects and oversee
training for new hires.
- As a Patient Support Lead, you will maintain proficiency in all
clerical operations roles to govern accuracy in registration,
scheduling, and check out prescribed workflows.
- Acts as mentor and trainer for front line clerical teams
- First responder to investigate patient concerns and maintain
customer focused communication
- Schedules and drives daily workflow for proficient operational
support of the clinic
- Epic Super User for clerical staff in the site
- Participates in Quality Improvement Processes which includes
- Remain proficient and up to date on role responsibilities
- Lead Meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Weekday Schedule Monday-Friday - Full time in office
(Remote eligible on a PRN basis).
Preferred qualities- Proficient in Microsoft Office including
Excel, Word, and Power Point. Familiar with the check-in,
check-out, scheduling, and cash reconciliation. Self
- Two to three years of healthcare experience in ambulatory or
hospital setting with significant provider interaction
- Familiarity with ICD10, CPT and Medical Terminology
- Two to three years of customer service application in any
- EMR/EHR experience preferred
- Must pass EPIC competency for Registration at completion of
Epic Clerical Training class
- Requires general knowledge of the customer encounter process
which may include scheduling, registration, contract requirements,
financial guidelines, coordination of services and billing process
in terms of what and how work is to be done as well as why it is
- Has demonstrated ability to train staff, understanding
different training methods and is able to adjust training method to
suit the learner
- Strong communication skill set verbal and written
- High School Diploma or GED
Customer Service and Caring Practices:
- Achieve exceptional patient experience for patients and patient
families by using CARES, AIDET and EPE tools.
- Adjust to the personality of the consumer while maintaining
healthcare compliance guidelines and patient safety.
- Addresses and attempts to appropriately resolve complaints in
the moment by using key words at key times.
- First line resolution to assist consumers with concerns.
- Monitor and maintain the lobby waiting areas for cleanliness
and to offer comfort cart rounding to the patients and families.
Keep patients informed of delays
- Performs clerical operations responsibilities in all areas;
Registration, Scheduling, and Visit closure activities
- Assists site Leadership with initiatives around daily
workflows. Mentors and responds to clerical team s daily activity
- Demonstrates understanding of the Financial Advocate role
- The Lead should expect to dedicate up to fifty percent of their
workday to directly assisting patients in these areas and is always
the first resource to cover vacant shifts
- Daily review of applicable workqueues; Patient, Referral, STAT&
ASAP, for completion and accuracy
- Primary preparer for daily deposit, escalating non-balanced
concerned to supervisor
- Able to answer questions regarding hospital and departmental
operation, polices and procedure including but not limited to
Provider Based Billing
- Knowledge command of in-network dependencies across
- Once PTO approval information has been received from supervisor
or manager, the Lead should construct the staff schedule 30 days in
- Ordering supplies using the Kanban system to maintain level
budgeting and prevent overstocking. Eliminate understocking.
- Schedules patient appointments according to guidelines by
providing documentation of scheduled appointments, procedural
instructions and location directions.
- Follows team and same day appointment guidelines.
- Monitors daily patient schedule for accuracy, anticipate errors
and take corrective action.
- I dentifies no show patients and uses EOD status. Follows
No-Show workflows to take appropriate step for notifying the
patient and/or the clinical team as to the patient s status.
- Manage patient relations in regard to late arrival for
pre-scheduled appointments. Explore all options to resolve the
situation while maintaining effective and customer focused
- Provide customer service to our patients and their visitors
before, during and after their appointment or interaction with
- Advocate on behalf of the patient when extenuating
circumstances exist for late or missed appointments
- Registration accuracy to drive first pass yield on claims and
- Follows PMG cash handling policies, balancing daily and
performing deposit preparation
- Obtaining a prior authorization, referral and prior
notification when applicable
- Collects identified patient financial obligation amounts
including residual balance, if applicable.
- Refers as appropriate to on site Financial Advocate, or for
uninsured to the Financial Advocacy Center
- Communicates effectively with patients and staff on financial
- Formulates complete and accurate telephone encounter messages
and routes to the appropriate Epic in-basket pool to support
operational aspects of patient care
Medical Record Components
- Instructs patients on the Release of Information process and
insure a fully completed ROI Form is submitted to Health
- Follows workflows to obtain incoming records, documenting
receipt and preparing for scanning into the electronic health
- Facilitate paperwork completions for patients. Communicate
effectively, document and follow pre-determined workflows. Items
may include; Prescriptions, Handicap Placards, Disability Forms
- Exhibits Presbyterian Promise
- To know you, respect you, listen to you and treat you with
- To ease the way to your best health.
- To provide you with the highest quality care at the lowest
- To communicate clearly and accurately, coordinate your care and
involve you in decisions
- To do what we say we will do
- Respond quickly to patients showing distress. Follow guidelines
set forth by the Clinic Manger to alert the clinical team. Assist
in any manner the clinic team directs.
- Ensure registration area, waiting area and walkways are clear
of any unnecessary items and are clean and neat.
- Report any concern that may create a safety issue
- Look for ways to improve efficiency, communication and customer
- Participates in Quality Improvement Processes
- Demonstrates CARES behaviors of Collaborate, be Accountable,
Respect, Engage and Serve to all whom you encounter
- Communicate effectively to patients, peers and site
We offer more than the standard benefits!
Presbyterian employees gain access to a robust wellness program,
including free access to our on-site and community-based gyms,
nutrition coaching and classes, wellness challenges and more!
Learn More About Our Employee Benefits
Why work at Presbyterian?
As an organization, we are committed to improving the health of our
communities. From hosting growers' markets to partnering with local
communities, Presbyterian is taking active steps to improve the
health of New Mexicans. For our employees, we offer a robust
wellness program, including free access to our on-site and
community-based gyms, nutrition coaching and classes, wellness
challenges and more.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people
who choose to work here. The hard work of our physicians, nurses,
employees, board members and volunteers grew Presbyterian from a
tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system that
serves more than 875,000 New Mexicans.
About New Mexico
New Mexico continues to grow steadily in population and features a
low cost-of living.
Varied landscapes bring filmmakers here from around the world to
capture a slice of the natural beauty New Mexicans enjoy every day.
Our landscapes are as diverse as our culture - from mountains,
forests, canyons, and lakes, to caverns, hot springs and sand
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore and
enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge
your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive
sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and
boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer
with smoke free campuses.
Keywords: Presbyterian Healthcare Services, Rio Rancho , Patient Support Lead, Other , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!