Operating Room Technician - ORT Job in Rio Rancho, NM
Company: Gifted Healthcare
Location: Rio Rancho
Posted on: October 10, 2019
JOB REQUIREMENTSOperating Room Technician (ORT) Travel JobOperating
Room Technicians ORT scrub in on orthopedic, spine, urology, and
pain management cases. ORTs must work well with other health team
members to achieve total patient care. Our preferred Operating Room
Tech ORT candidate is well-organized and good at anticipating the
surgeon's needs.Operating Room Technician ORT Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies
necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all
required items are available.
- ORT performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove
procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and
takes immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify
- Operating Room Technician ORT assists with procedure room
turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- Operating Room Tech documents patient-care records and other
forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic
and therapeutic procedures.
- ORT cleans clinical area before and after procedures and
properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and
staff by complying with facility requirements and safety
- Surgical Technician assists in the transport and positioning of
patients when necessary.
- Operating Room Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores
instruments and supplies, and ensures they are functional and
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing
area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine
whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment
indicators for proper functions.
- ORT assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment,
and opening of room, as necessary.
- ORT leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects
instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral
bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a
nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
FACILITY DETAILSThis 81-bed medical center is conveniently located
on Albuquerque’s west side. This facility is patient-centered,
environmentally friendly, and technologically innovative, featuring
a cancer center, a multidisciplinary clinic, and supportive care
services. Also featured is the redesigned emergency department and
an Intensive Care Unit that combines the latest technology with
this facility’s skilled physicians and nurses.
Rio Rancho is a suburb of Albuquerque, NM. Cobblestone streets and
adobe walls encompass the city of Albuquerque, rich in Native
American and Spanish culture. Be sure to check out Old Town, the
city’s epicenter, which is a 10-block neighborhood that is a living
tribute to its heritage. Explore Southwestern art galleries housed
in ancient adobe structures and take a tour through the stunning
Church of San Felipe de Neri, the city’s oldest building. In the
first week of October Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon
Fiesta, where for an entire week the sky fills with almost 600
brightly colored balloons. There is also much to discover in the
outdoors with the Rio Grande River running through the city, there
are endless amounts of trails, parks, and nearby Sandia Mountains
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one
person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our
rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that
Do you remember why you became a ORT, at GIFTED? We do!
Keywords: Gifted Healthcare, Rio Rancho , Operating Room Technician - ORT Job in Rio Rancho, NM, Professions , Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!